Just came across this article saved on my computer and realised that I’d never posted it!! I got sidetracked with writing about Atlantic Endeavour stuff and my Muscat marathon jaunt.
- Breakfast – Tinned sardines, raw carrot, mushroom, pepper and cucumber.
- Lunch – Raw carrot, mushrooms, sugarsnap peas, pepper, cucumber and tomatoes.
- Dinner – Hotel buffet dinner – lots of salads, coconut curry lamb & baked potato wedges
- Snacks – Fruit and nuts, fresh pineapple, a banana and an apple.
- Drinks – Lots of water, green tea.
Whole30 round 2 – Day 22
- Breakfast – Banana, 2 hard-boiled eggs, beef bacon, baked potato wedges, cucumber, tomato, pineapple & melon.
- Lunch – Tuna salad with icebery lettuce, coriander and a hard-boiled egg.
- Dinner – 2 BBQ’d beef burgers, chicken kebab and lots of salad. Puf of apple, apricot, dried coconut, maca powder, pistachios & cacao nibs.
- Snacks – Banana, fruit and nuts.
- Drinks – Green tea and lots of water.
Whole30 round 2 – Day 23
Last-minute fieldwork trips this week made for a very difficult food week for me that involved way too many almonds, too much raw veg, and not enough wholesome homemade meals from my lovely kitchen.
- Breakfast – 2 egg omelette, green pepper, cucumber, almonds & hazelnuts
- Lunch – Leftover mashed potato and meatballs in tomato veg sauce.
- Dinner – Mixed salad leaves, cucumber, radish, tomato, olives and half a baked aubergine with beef tomato topping. Apples and orange salad for pudding
- Snacks – Apricot, dates, cashews and sultanas
- Drinks – Water, watered down Beet & Apple juice, Green tea, Coconut milk coffee
Day 15 of Whole30 round 2
- Breakfast – Apple, berry delight Nakd date bar and some rubbery scrambled egg.
- Lunch – A tomato, sliced beets, 2 hard-boiled eggs saved from brekkie, apple, leftover orange from breakfast and nuts & dates
- Dinner – Salad, cucumber, tomato, fish cooked in tomato & coriander, beef chunks & pan-fried potato slices.
- Snacks – Leftover beef Bolognese after fieldwork. Beef jerky and 2 date & nut bars mid-fieldwork.
- Drinks – Green tea, water.
Day 16 of Whole30 round 2
Back in 2014 I set myself the aim of running a full, standalone, road marathon. I’ve run marathons before; my first was as part of Ironman UK back in 2012, an Endurance Life Coastal Trail Series marathon on the North York Moors left me rehabbing an ITB problem for 6 months following the race it was so hilly, with the long stage of the Oman Desert Marathon 2014 just falling short of a full marathon (40.8km) in the desert heat and sand. Like most amateur club runners, I’d always thought that getting a sub-4 hour marathon time would be a good goal, although it never really seemed hugely do-able. I ran 4:27 in my Ironman marathon, off the back of a 7 hour bike ride, so in theory it should have been possible to take 27 minutes off my time by focussing just on the running, resting well and preparing properly.
Ironman UK 2012, Endurancelife CTS North York Moors 2013, Oman Desert marathon 2014