Another week gone by, another week of lots of photos of my food!! Had a couple of dreams where I ate non-whole30 things and woke up mildly panicking, but apart from that, all good.
- Breakfast – Half a grapefruit, leftover meatballs & tomato sauce, a fried egg, cauliflower and chopped cucumber.
- Lunch – Leftover mince & veg stuffed pepper, mashed ½ avocado, dates and a banana.
- Dinner – Burger, olives, moutabbal, cucumber, raw spinach and tomato & veg sauce. Chopped apple, banana, frozen blueberries & desiccated coconut for pud.
- Snacks – Orange
- Drinks – Water, coconut milk coffee.
- Breakfast – Half a grapefruit, omelette, spinach, cucumber, sultanas, mushrooms and a handful of almonds.
- Lunch – Lettuce, cucumber, grapes, olives, melon, carrot, sultanas, tomato and tuna.
- Dinner – Pan-fried chicken breast, moutabbal, onion, spinach & sultanas, julienne carrots and tomato, mint & coriander salsa.
- Snacks – Nakd cocoa bar (dates, raisins, cashews & cocoa).
- Drinks – 2 cups of green tea and water.
- Breakfast – Half a grapefruit, mushroom and green pepper scrambled eggs (2), sliced apple, chopped cucumber, spinach, sultanas and mixed hazelnuts & almonds.
- Lunch – Lettuce, cucumber, pineapple, tomato, sardines, mixed peppers, grapes, olives, dates and sultanas.
- Dinner – Oven-roasted squash, with mint & coriander green chicken curry, topped with pomegranate seeds. Frozen cherries, pomegranate seeds, macca powder and coconut milk after dinner.
- Snacks – Apple and carrot sticks.
- Drinks – Hot water with root ginger, water, Mangaja red grape and rooibos drink.
- Breakfast – Carrot sticks, pomegranate seeds, mushrooms, ½ avocado, 2 scrambled eggs with spinach.
- Lunch – Carrot sticks, a pear, pomegranate seeds, walnuts and dates.
- Dinner – Mint & coriander curried courgetti with oriental stir-fried chicken, topped with pomegranate seeds and courgette crisps.
- Snacks – Beef jerky, leftover date & nut pieces.
- Drinks – Coconut milk coffee, water.
- Breakfast – Post-run breakfast of 2 boiled eggs, pomegranate seeds, tomato, carrot sticks, mushroom and ½ a not-quite-ripe avocado.
- Lunch – Sugarsnap peas, carrot sticks, dates, cashews & walnuts, apple and beef jerky.
- Dinner – Potato, onion, pepper and tomato hash with 2 beef burgers.
- Snacks – Post-run beef jerky and a date & nut bar
- Drinks – Lemon and ginger tea, lots of water, watered down beetroot & apple juice (no added sugar) and a black Earl Grey tea.
- Breakfast – 2 boiled eggs with leftover potato & veg hash, green pepper and a sliced apple.
- Lunch – A hard-boiled egg, sugarsnap peas, green pepper, tomato and sardines. The apple was rank and fluffy so I threw it away!
- Dinner – Simple chicken stir-fry with onion, carrot, courgette and lots of 5-spice followed by frozen cherries and blueberries with macca powder, raisins, flaked almonds and shredded coconut with some water on.
- Snacks – Caving/canyoning snacks of a banana, sugarsnap peas and 2 date & nut bars (didn’t eat the hard-boiled egg so had it for lunch instead).
- Drinks – Black Earl Grey tea, lots of water, watered down beetroot & apple juice (no added sugar).
- Breakfast – 2 fried eggs with mushrooms, tomatoes, sliced beet, sultanas, spinach, an apricot, cashews & almonds.
- Lunch – Lettuce, cucumber, grapes, melon, roast chicken, carrots and sultanas, olives and green pepper.
- Dinner – Meatballs in green pepper, onion, mushroom and tomato sauce, with mashed potatoes (with a little coconut milk). 2 slices of melon for pudding.
- Snacks – carrot sticks, dates and nuts.
- Drinks – Lemon & root ginger in hot water, green tea, lots of water, watered down pineapple juice at dinner.
Day 11 was a very weird day, felt very drained of energy and a bit woozy all day at work (hence the small lunch!), but felt fine once I got home. We went out camping at the weekend, so it required a little more forward planning than usual – after my run on Friday morning I had to pack stuff for my lunch and dinner that day, plus breakfast, snacks and lunch for the following day. Snacks were very important as we were doing a caving / abseiling / climbing trip where we were recommended not to take our lunch with us (just to have a late lunch once we’d finished), but to take some snacks with us instead. We also had people round to dinner on day 14 – something that doesn’t really freak me out, as I just cook more of what I do normally! Although in fairness it was just casual dinner rather than a dinner party, but in all honesty even the idea of doing that on a whole30 doesn’t scare me now!! I’ve still been running as usual, but starting to taper now for Muscat Marathon at the end of January. I’m hoping that coming off the back of a round of Whole30 will put me in pretty good stead for it!